Friday, November 15, 2013

Review of Tangled Tides ( The Sea Monsters Memoirs #1) by Karen Amanda Hooper

0

Yara Jones doesn't believe in sea monsters--until she becomes one.

When a hurricane hits her island home and she wakes up with fins, Yara finds herself tangled up in an underwater world of mysterious merfolk and secretive selkies. Both sides believe Yara can save them by fulfilling a broken promise and opening the sealed gateway to their realm, but they are battling over how it should be done. The selkies want to take her life. The merfolk want something far more precious.


Treygan, the stormy-eyed merman who turned Yara mer, will stop at nothing and sacrifice everything to protect his people--until he falls for Yara. The tides turn as Yara fights to save herself, hundreds of sea creatures, and the merman who has her heart. She could lose her soul in the process--or she might open the gateway to a love that's deeper than the oceans.



My Review
3.00 stars

I loved reading mermaid stories and when I saw that it had mermaids in it I just had to check it out.

Yara is saved from a hurricane when a mysterious guy appeared out of nowhere and asked her to wish for him to take her to a safe place. The next thing she knows, she's underwater and is a mermaid. This started a rocky relationship with Treygan the merman who saved her and is responsible for her being a mermaid. Next comes Rownan, a selkie unbeknownst to Yara who she currently had a relationship with and is also the half brother of Treygan. They both believed that Yara is the person who can saved both their races. 

I just loved the concept of the sea creatures and about Greek mythology. The plot itself was very interesting which includes a lot of twist and turns that will surprise you. 

I liked Yara but I hated her whining and her being a bit bratty. She is handful and stubborn as a mule. Although I do love the chemistry between Yara and Treygan. Rownan, well I would describe him as a manipulative person especially from the start. 

Overall, the story is really different but intriguing. Although, I couldn't put it down despite some things about the main character/s I disliked. I hope the second book is better.

*I received a copy from netgally*



0 comments: