Sunday, March 2, 2014

Feature and Follow #5

2



The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Question of the Week:
Change the Plot. If you could, what book would you change the ending or a plot thread? Go ahead and do it...change it. 

There are so many books to which ending I would want to change but Allegiant is one of those stand out the most. I'll be adding more later when I will recheck the books that I've read that needs a change in the ending. 

I'll be honest with you guys, I have been putting of reading Allegiant till now because of the ending. How did I know it ended? Well, I read the reviews of other readers of Allegiant and I learned it from there. I also read Ms. Veronica Roth's post on why she made that ending. Despite her explanation as to why I still freakingly do not get it. So ever since, I just had to put it on hold. I've been reading a lot of books with an HEA just to prepare myself when I will read Allegiant but I must admit that I scanned through the ending. When I do read Allegiant, I'll just skip that part. I know I'm probably overreacting but I just couldn't handle the ending. I'm still in denial. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Awe I hate it when spoilers ruin the ending for us. Do you have the link to Veronica Roth's post about why she made the ending that way?

    Great post by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. As I've said to many others - it's one thing to end a book the way she did and leave the readers frustrated yet understanding. It's another to end it like that and have it make no sense. Nothing about that whole book actually made sense. It was like starting a new series with new characters from the get-go. They all acted differently and showed no signs of their former book selves. Readers felt lost at the end.

    Jessi

    http://www.thebookcove.com/2014/02/feature-and-follow-12-plot-change-up.html

    ReplyDelete